Understanding the molecular and cellular dynamics of directed cell migration using the Drosophila model system.
- Ph.D. , Center for Cellular & Molecular Biology (CCMB), Hyderabad, India, 2005
- M.Sc (Biotechnology) , Dept of Biotechnology, Poona University, Pune, 1998
- Post-Doctoral Researcher- Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA. May 2005 - Dec2009.
- Assistant Professor- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research-Kolkata. Dec 2009- current.
- Awarded Ramalingaswami Fellowship of the Department of Biotechnology for the year 2009-2010.
- Best poster award at the 10th FAOBMB conference 2003, at Bangalore, India.
- Research work selected for platform presentation at the "17th European Drosophila Research conference, Edinburgh, Scotland, 2001.
Prasad, M., Jang, A. C., Starz-Gaiano, M., Melani, M. & Montell, D.J. (2007). A protocol for culturing Drosophila melanogaster stage 9 egg chambers for live imaging. Nat. Protoc. 2(10), 2467-73
Prasad, M. & D. Montell. (2007) Cellular and Molecular Mechanisms of Border cell migration Analyzed using time-lapse live-cell imaging. Dev Cell. 12, 997-1005.
Prasad, M.*, Makhijani, K., M.B. Madhavi, Bharathi, V., Lal, A., Sirdesai, G., Ram Reddy, V., Palaparthi, R., Kannan, R., Dhawan, J., & Shashidhara, L.S.*. (2006). Modulation of AP and DV signaling pathways by the homeotic gene Ultrabithorax during haltere development in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 291(2):356-67.