The main interest of our laboratory is to understand the mechanism of signal transduction across the plasma membrane. We use NMR spectroscopy to study the structure and dynamics of membrane-associated kinases involved in cellular signaling and combine Biochemical analysis to find out how they work.
- Ph.D., Biochemistry and Biomedical Sciences, McMaster University, Ontario, Canada (2008)
- M.Tech., Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur (2000)
- M.Sc., Biochemistry, Calcutta University (1998)
- 2014 – present, Assistant Professor IISER Kolkata
- 2009 – 2014, Postdoctoral Fellow, Kuriyan Lab, HHMI University of California, Berkeley
- 2000 – 2001, Research Associate. Biotechnology Division Wockhardt Research Centre, Wockhardt Ltd, India
- 2011-2012, Canadian Institutes of Health Research Postdoctoral Fellowship
- 2009 -2011, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council Postdoctoral Fellowship
- 2004 -2008, Research Scholarship, Department of Biochemistry and Biomedical Sciences, McMaster University, Canada
- 2007, Impact Award, Department of Biochemistry and Biomedical Sciences, McMaster University, Canada
- 2004, Travel Award, Department of Biochemistry and Biomedical Sciences, McMaster University, Canada
- Iwig JS, Vercoulen Y*, Das R*, Barros T, Limnander A, Che Y, Pelton JG, Wemmer DE, Roose JP and Kuriyan J. (2013) The structural basis for autoinhibition of thr Ras-specific exchange factor RasGRP1. eLIFE . Jul 30;2:e00813. * Equal contributions.
- Endres NF*, Das R*, Smith AW*, Arkhipov A, Kovacs E, Huang Y, Pelton JG, Shan Y, Shaw DE, Wemmer DE, Groves JT and Kuriyan J. (2013) Conformational coupling across the plasma membrane in activation of the EGF receptor. Cell 152, 543 – 556. *Co-first author.
- Das, R., Chowdhury, S., Mazhab-Jafari, M.T., SilDas, S., Selvaratnam, R., and Melacini, G. (2009) Dynamically driven ligand selectivity in cyclic nucleotide binding domains. Journal of Biological Chemistry 283: 23682-23696.
- Das, R., Esposito, V., Abu-Abed, M., Anand, G.S., Taylor, S.S., and Melacini, G. (2007) cAMP activation of PKA defines an ancient signaling mechanism. Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences U.S.A. 104: 93-98.
- Das, R., and Melacini G. (2007) A model for agonism and antagonism in an ancient ubiquitous cAMP-binding domain. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 282: 581-593.
- Das, R., Abu-Abed, M., and Melacini G. (2006) Mapping allostery through equilibrium perturbation NMR spectroscopy. Journal of American Chemical Society 128: 8406-8407.