i) Understanding cancer biology at the level of regulation of gene expression and cancer therapeutics. ii) Microbiological, molecular and ecological characterization of intra- and interspecific interactions in natural isolates of microorganisms and application of such interactions for bioremedial purposes.
- PhD (Biochemistry), Bose Institute (Calcutta University), 1996
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata (2007 - 2010)
- Associate Professor, IISER Kolkata ( - )
- Dasgupta, Debdeep; Kumar, Abhinash; Mukhopadhyay, Balaram and Sengupta, Tapas Kumar. 2015. "Isolation of phenazine 1,6-di-carboxylic acid from Pseudomonas aeruginosa strain HRW.1-S3 and its role in biofilm-mediated crude oil degradation and cytotoxicity against bacterial and cancer cells." Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 99, 8653- 8665
- Banerjee, Paromita; Soni, Jalpa; Purwar, Harsh; Ghosh, Nirmalya and Sengupta, Tapas Kumar. 2013. "Probing the fractal pattern and organization of Bacillus thuringiensis bacteria colonies growing under different conditions using quantitative spectral light scattering polarimetry." Journal of Biomedical Optics, 18, 035003