- Drug discovery
- Study of complex biological and non-biological systems.
- Ph.D. Neuroscience. The University of Texas at Austin , Tx, USA (2003-2009)
- M.Sc. Molecular Biology. The National Centre for Biological Sciences, Bengaluru, India (2000-2003)
- B.Sc. (Hons. Microbiology). University of Delhi, Delhi, India (1997-2000)
- Assistant Professor (on contract) at IISER-Kolkata (2014 - )
- Postdoc at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, NY, USA (2011 - 2014)
- Postdoc at The University of Texas at Austin, Tx, USA (2009 - 2010)
- Khurana S, Abu Baker MB, Siddiqi O. Odour avoidance learning in the larva of Drosophila melanogaster. Journal of Biosciences. 2009; 34:621-31.
- Khurana S*, Remme MW*, Rinzel J, Golding NL. Dynamic interaction of Ih and IK-LVA during trains of synaptic potentials in principal neurons of the medial superior olive. Journal of Neuroscience. 2011; 31: 8936-47.
- Khurana S, Liu Z, Lewis AS, Rosa K et al. An essential role for modulation of hyperpolarization-activated current in the development of binaural temporal precision. Journal of Neuroscience. 2012; 32: 2814-23.
- Khurana S*, Li WK*, Atkinson NS. Image enhancement for tracking the translucent larvae of Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS One. 2010;5:e15259. (Corresponding author)