Density functional theory of excited states and time-dependent systems, Electronic structure theory, Atoms and molecules under intense laser field, Ab-initio calculation, Singular potentials, Confined systems, Hollow resonances, Rydberg states, Negative atoms, Molecular clusters, Momentum-space properties of molecules, Molecular conductance.
Ph.D. (Theoretical Chemistry), Panjab University, Chandigarh, 1998
- Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata (20013-).
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata (2008-2012).
- Senior post doctoral researcher at univ. of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, USA (2006-2008).
- Post doctoral researcher at Univ. of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA (2004-2006).
- Visiting Scientist at Univ. of New Brunswick, Fredericton, NB, Canada (2001-2004).
- Visiting Scholar at Univ. of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, USA (2000-2001).
- Post doctoral position at Univ. of New Brunswick, Fredericton, NB, Canada (1999-2000).
- Research Associateship from CSIR, New Delhi and JNCASR, Bangalore (1998-1999).
- Editorial Board Member of Dataset Papers in Physical Chemistry, NY, USA.
- Editorial Board Member of International Journal of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Research India Publications, New Delhi.
- Visiting Researcher at Univ. of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA, for two months, in Summer 2011.
- Biography included in Marquis Who's Who in America, 63rd Edition (2009).
- Visiting Researcher at the Quantum Theory Project (QTP), Univ. of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA, for two and half months, in Summer 2009.
- Graduates' Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) (1992).
- Joint CSIR-UGC test (1992).
- Abhisek Ghosal and Amlan K. Roy, DFT calculations of atoms and molecules in Cartesian grid , in `Specialist Periodical Reports: Chemical Modelling, Applications and Theory, Vol. 13'', 221-260, Eds. M. Springborg and J.-O.Joswig, Royal Society of Chemistry, London (2016).
- Abhisek Ghosal, Neetik Mukherjee and Amlan K. Roy, Information entropic measures of a quantum harmonic oscillator in symmetric and asymmetric confinement within an impenetrable box, Ann. Phys. (Berlin) 528 796-818 (2016).
- Amlan K. Roy, Critical parameters and spherical confinement of H atom in screened Coulomb potential, Int. J. Quant. Chem. 116 953-960 (2016).
- Neetik Mukherjee and Amlan K. Roy, Quantum confinement in an asymmetric double-well potential through energy analysis and information entropic measure, Ann. Phys. (Berlin) 528 412-433 (2016).
- M. Sadhukhan, Amlan K. Roy, P. K. Panigrahi and B. M. Deb, Dynamics of electronic motion in hydrogen atom in parallel strong oscillating magnetic field and intense laser fields, Int. J. Quant. Chem. 116, 377-387 (2016).
- Neetik Mukherjee, Arunesh Roy and Amlan K. Roy, Information entropy as a measure of tunneling and quantum confinement in a symmetric double-well potential, Ann. Phys. (Berlin) 527 825-845 (2015).
- Amlan K. Roy (Editor), Theoretical and Computational Developments in Modern Density Functional Theory, 22 Chapters, Nova Science Publishers, Hauppauge, NY, USA, Hardcover (598 pages), October (2012).