- Developments of smart peptide-based nanostructured materials
- Synthesis of new amino acid analogues with tuneable functionality
- Self-aggregating systems from pharmaceutical small molecules as delivery vehicles and sustained released
- Low molecular weight gelator compounds form receptor substrate complex
- Polymer-peptide conjugate as ECM for tissue engineering and wound healing
- Artificial light harvesting system
- Designer ion channels and catalyst
- Ph.D. (Chemistry), Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science/Jadavpur University, 2005.
- M.Sc. (Chemistry), University of Calcutta, 1999.
- B.Sc. (Chemistry Hons.), University of Calcutta, 1997.
- Post-doctoral Research Associate, Institut Europeen de Chimie et Biologie (IECB), University Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France (2005-06).
- Leverhulme Trust Post-doctoral Fellow, The School of Chemical Engineering and Analytical Science, The University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom (2006 - 07).
- Post-doctoral Research Fellow, Institut für Organische Chemie, Universität Würzburg, Würzburg, Germany (2007-08).
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata (2008 -)
Awards and Honors:
Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship, 2006
Fellowship of Japan Sociesty for the Promotion of Science (JSPS), 2006
- Luminescent nanoparticles from tripeptide-CdS conjugate, S. K. Maity, S. Maity, P. Jana, Debasish Haldar*, CrystEngComm, 2012, 14, DOI:10.1039/C2CE05786G.
- Photo-induced charge-transfer complex formation and organogelation by a tripeptide, P. Jana, S. Maity, S. K. Maity, P. K. Ghorai, Debasish Haldar*, Soft Matter, 2012, 8, DOI:10.1039/C2SM25062D.
- CdS quantum dots doped peptide matrix: structural and photoelectrochemical properties, S. K. Maity, S. Maity, P. Jana, Debasish Haldar*, CrystEngComm, 2012, DOI:10.1039/C2CE06355G.