- Development of New Main Group Catalysts for Organic Transformations
- Catalytic Additions of Boron-Element to Unsaturated Organic Molecules
- Transition Metal Based Frustrated Lewis Pairs: Synthesis and Applications
- Multiply Bonded Main Group Compounds and its Reactivity
- Main group polymers
- Ph. D. (Organometallic Chemistry), Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India, 2012
- M. Sc. (Chemistry), Madurai Kamaraj University, Tamilnadu, India, 2007
- B. Sc. (Chemistry), Madurai Kamaraj University, Tamilnadu, India, 2005
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata (November 2015 - )
- Feb. 2015–Aug. 2015: Postdoctoral fellow at University of Würzburg, Germany with Prof. H. Braunschweig.
- Feb. 2013–Jan. 2015: Alexander von Humboldt (AvH) postdoctoral fellow at University of Würzburg, Germany with Prof. H. Braunschweig.
- Sep. 2012-Jan. 2013: Postdoctoral fellow at University of Würzburg, Germany with Prof. H. Braunschweig.
Awards and Honors:
- Alexander von Humboldt postdoctoral fellowship, Germany, 2013
- "Werner prize”- Best Ph.D. thesis in Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India, 2013
- CSIR-JRF (Council for Scientific & Industrial Research-Junior research fellowship) in Chemical Sciences, 2008
- Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) in Chemistry, 2007
- The reactivities of iminoboranes with carbenes: BN isosteres of carbene–alkyne adducts. H. Braunschweig, W. C. Ewing, K. Geetharani and M. Schäfer: Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 1662. (Selected as Cover Page)
- Direct synthetic route to functionalized 1,2-azaborinines. H. Braunschweig, K. Geetharani, J. O. C. Jimenez-Halla and M. Schäfer: Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 3500.
- Utilization of the arachno–diruthenaborane [(Cp*RuCO)2B2H6] as an active alkyne cyclotrimerization catalyst. A mechanistic study. K. Geetharani, S. Tussupbayev, J. Borowka, M. C. Holthausen and S. Ghosh: Chem. Eur. J. 2012, 18, 8482.
- A family of heterometallic cubane-type clusters with an exo-Fe(CO)3 fragment anchored to the cubane. K. Geetharani, S. K. Bose, S. Sahoo and S. Ghosh: Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2011, 50, 3908.
- From metallaborane to borylene complexes: syntheses and structures of triply bridged ruthenium and tantalum borylene complexes. K. Geetharani, S. K. Bose, B. Varghese and S. Ghosh: Chem. Eur. J. 2010, 16, 11357.