We are interested in synthesis of natural and non-natural synthetic targets that can find wide ranging application spanning from chemical biology to material science. Our ongoing research projects focus on (i) diversity oriented synthesis, (ii) organocatalytic transformation, (iii) bio-inspired molecular and supramolecular assemblies and (iv) small molecule-nucleic acid recognition.
- Ph.D. (Synthetic Organic Chemistry), Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India, 2003.
- M.Sc. (Chemistry), Ravenshaw University, Cuttack, India, 1997.
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata, 2009 -.
- Visiting Fellow, May-July 2010, University of Bristol, UK.
- Marie-Curie International Incoming Postdoctoral Fellow, 2007-2009, University of Cambridge, UK.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, 2006-2007, ESPCI-Paris, France.
- Alexander von Humboldt Fellow, 2004-2006, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany.
- Diffusion and Birefrengence of Bioactive Dyes in a Guanosine Supramolecular Hydrogel R. N. Das, Y. P. Kumar, S. Pagoti, A. J. Patil, J. Dash, Chem. Eur. J. 2012, DOI: 10.1002/chem.201103814.
- Synthesis of Bis-indole Carboxamides as G-quadruplex Stabilizing and Inducing Ligands J. Dash, R. N. Das, N. Hegde, G. D. Panto?, P. S. Shirude, S. Balasubramanian, Chem. Eur. J. 2012, 18, 554-564.
- A supported palladium nanocatalyst for copper free acyl Sonogashira reactions: One-pot multicomponent synthesis of N-containing heterocycles, S. Santra, K. Dhara, P. Ranjan, P. Bera, J. Dash, S. Mandal, Green Chemistry, 2011, 13, 3238-3247.