- Computational Modeling of Homogeneous Catalysis with an aim to develop new and improved catalysts.
- Quantum mechanical computation of Organometallic and Organic molecules.
- Computational biophysics: Including molecular dynamics and molecular docking simulations.
- Ph.D. (Computational Chemistry), Max-Planck-Institute for Coal Research, Mülheim an der Ruhr, Germany, 2005
- M.Sc. (Chemistry), Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, New Delhi, India, 2001
- B.Sc. (Chemistry Honours), Ramakrishna Mission Vidyamandira, Belur Math, University of Calcutta, 1999.
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Max-Planck-Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Göttingen, Germany (2006 2008).
- Centenary Postdoctoral Fellow (Department of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry) in Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India (2009 2010).
- Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Sciences, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER)-Kolkata, Mohanpur, India (2011 - 2015).
- Associate Professor, Department of Chemical Sciences, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER)-Kolkata, Mohanpur, India (2015 - )
- D. Koley with (S. C. Sau, S. Santra, T. K. Sen and S. K. Mandal) "Abnormal N-heterocyclic carbene palladium complex: living catalyst for activation of aryl chlorides in Suzuki-Miyaura cross coupling" Chem. Commun. 2012, 48, 555-557.
- D. Koley with (T. K. Sen, S. C. Sau, A. Mukherjee, A. Modak and S. K. Mandal) "Introduction of abnormal N-heterocyclic carbene as an efficient organocatalyst: ring opening polymerization of cyclic esters" Chem. Commun. 2011, 47, 11972-11974.
- D. Koley with (S. Khan, R. Michel, H. W. Roesky, and D. Stalke) "Reactivity Studies of a Disilene with N2O and Elemental Sulfur" Inorg. Chem. 2011, 50, 10878-10883.