- Transition Metal Free Oxidative Activation of C-C, C-Het and Het-Het Bonds
- Transition Metal Catalyzed Atom-Economic Transformations
- Ph.D. (2010): Institute of Organic Chemistry, Westfälische Wilhelms-University, Muenster, Germany.
- M.S. (Chemistry) (2007): Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur India.
- B. Sc. (Chemistry) (2005): University of Calcutta, India
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata, India (Since October 2015)
- Alexander von Humboldt Postdoctoral Fellow (2013-2015): Georg-August-University, Goettingen, Germany. (Advisor: Professor L. Ackermann)
- Postdoctoral Fellow (2011-2013): University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland. (Advisor: Professor K. Gademann)
Awards and Honors:
- Alexander von Humboldt Postdoctoral fellowship (2013)
- DSM Science & Technology Award, Netherlands (2011)
- NRW International Graduate School of Chemistry doctoral fellowship, Germany (2007)
- Qualified the Joint CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test (NET) and selected for CSIR scholarship, India (2007)
- D. C. Mukherjee Gold Medal award for securing the highest marks in chemistry department in the Vivekananda College, Kolkata, India (2005)
- J. Li, S. Warratz, D. Zell, S. De Sarkar, E. E. Ishikawa, L. Ackermann: N-Acyl Amino Acid Ligands for Ruthenium(II)-catalyzed meta-C–H tert-Alkylation with Removable Auxiliaries, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, DOI: 10.1021/jacs.5b08435.
- S. De Sarkar and A. Studer: NHC Catalyzed Michael Addition to α, β-Unsaturated Aldehydes by Redox Activation, Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. 2010, 49, 9266. (>129 Citations and highlighted in Synfacts 2011, 96)
- S. De Sakar, S. Grimme and A. Studer: NHC Catalyzed Oxidations of Aldehydes to Esters: Chemoselective Acylation of Alcohols in Presence of Amines, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010, 132, 1190. (>171 Citations and highlighted in Synfacts 2010, 359)