- Supramolecular polymers in aqueous media using host-guest chemistry of macrocyclic container molecules and self-healing materials
- Molecular recognition in polar and aqueous media; luminescent sensors
- Luminescent liquid crystals and liquid crystal-photonic crystal composites
- Ph.D. (Physical-organic, supramolecular and organic materials chemistry), Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, 2011
- M. S. (Chemical Sciences), Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, 2005
- B.Sc. (Chemistry Hons), Jadavpur University, 2002
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata (since February, 2016)
- Research Associate, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (2015-2016)
- Post-doctoral researcher in the group of Prof. Carsten Schmuck, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany (2012-2015)
- Post-doctoral researcher in the group of Prof. Burkhard Koenig, University of Regensburg, Germany (2011-2012)
Awards and Honors:
- Post-doctoral Research fellowship in “New Materials from Supramolecular Self-Assembly”, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany, 2012.
- DFG GRK-1626 Post-doctoral Fellowship in Photocatalysis, University of Regensburg, Germany, 2011.
- CSIR Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) (secured among the top 20% awardees in National Eligibility Test-NET), India: 2005-2007 and CSIR Senior Research Fellowship (SRF), India: 2007-2009.
- 3rd rank in the University in B.Sc. Jadavpur University, 2002.
- “A Supramolecular Gel from a Quadruple Zwitterion that responds to both Acid and Base” Yosuke Hisamatsu, Supratim Banerjee, M. B. Avinash, T. Govindaraju and Carsten Schmuck, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2013, 52, 12550 (Chosen as a “Hot Paper” )
- “Molecular Imprinting of Luminescent Vesicles” Supratim Banerjee and Burkhard Koenig, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013, 135, 2967
- “Self-organization of multiple components in a steroidal hydrogel matrix: Design, construction and studies on novel tunable luminescent gels and xerogels” Supratim Banerjee, Ramesh Kandanelli, Sandip Bhowmik and Uday Maitra, Soft Matter, 2011, 7, 8207