Jitendra Kumar Pattanaik
Assistant Professor (on Contract)
- Accelerator Mass Spectrometry (AMS)
- Application of cosmogenic radionuclides such as 10Be and 26Al in the geosciences
- Understanding of chemical weathering and CO2 consumption rate using major & trace elements and Sr isotopes.
- Ph. D. (Earth Sciences), 2010, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry
- M. Sc. (Applied Geology), 2002, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry
- B. Sc. (Geology Hon's), 2000, Utkal University, Orissa
- Junior Research Fellow, Department of Earth sciences, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry, (2002-2003)
- UGC - JRF & SRF, Department of Earth Sciences, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry, (2003 - 2008)
- Scientist, National Facility for Isotope Geosciences (NFIG), Department of Earth Sciences, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry, (2008 - 2010)
- IISER Fellow, Department of Earth Sciences, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata, (July, 2010 onwards)
Awards and Honors:
- University Grant Commission - Junior Research Fellowship, India. 2002.
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research - Junior Research Fellowship, India, 2003.
- Standing second best in the paper presentations of 10th ISMAS, Triennial International Symposium on Mass Spectrometry, Munnar, India, 2006.
- Awarded UGC - Dr. D. S. Kothari Post doctoral fellowship, 2010.
- Pattanaik J. K., Balakrishnan S., Bhutani R. and Singh P., (2007): Chemical and Sr isotopic composition of Kaveri, Palar and Ponnaiyar rivers: Significance to weathering of Granulites and Granitic gneisses of southern Peninsular India, Current Science, Vol. 93, No. 4, pp no. 523 - 531.
- Nissar Ahmad, A. A. Wani, R. Ram, S. R. Abhilash, Rakesh Kumar, J. K. Pattanaik, Sankar De, R.K. Karn, and T. Nandi (2006): Beam-single and beam-two-foil experimental facility to study physics of highly charged ions, Review of Scientific Instruments, Vol. 77, 033107.
- Pattanaik J. K., Balakrishnan S., Rao P. S. and Senthilnathan D., (2003): A preliminary study on different recent marine shell to find out their suitability for EPR dating, Late Quaternary Environment Change: emerging issues, Proceedings of the International PAGES workshop and training program at the French Institute, Pondicherry, edited, Vol. 42, pp no. 119-122.