- Evolution of Indian monsoon and its effect on ecosystem and landforms.
- Past atmospheric CO2 variations.
- Carbon isotope thermometry.
- Ph.D, Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad, 2004.
- M.Sc, Applied Geology, Jadavpur University, 1998.
- B.Sc, Honours in Geological Sciences, Jadavpur University, 1996.
- Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research - Kolkata (December, 2010- )
- Research Scientist, May to July 2009, Indiana University, USA
- Assistant Professor, IIT-Kharagpur (Jan,2006-December, 2010)
- Lecturer, BHU (December 2005-January,2006)
Awards and Honors:
- National Scholarship (Govt. of India) 1991-1996.
- Research Scholarships at Physical Research Laboratory (1999-2004), Ahmedabad, India.
- Qualified the Council of Science and Industrial Research (CSIR-1999) NET
- Best paper presentation award in 11th Indian Society of Mass Spectrometry workshop which was held in Shimla during October 7th to 12th , 2004.
- Young Earth Scientist award by Department of Science and Technology, 2004.
- Selected as a participant in 2nd Indo-American Frontiers of Science Symposium held during 17-20 Jan 2007 at the Beckham Centre in Irvine, California , USA
- BOYSCAST fellowship- Department of Science and Technology, 2009.
- Prasanta Sanyal, S.K.Bhattacharya, Rohtash Kumar, Sumit K. Ghosh, S.J. Sangode. 2004. Mio-Pliocene monsoonal record from Indian Himalayan Foreland basin (Siwalik) and its relation to vegetational change. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology. v.205, 23-41.
- Prasanta Sanyal, S.K.Bhattacharya, Rohtash Kumar, Sumit K. Ghosh, S.J. Sangode. 2005. Paleovegetational reconstruction in Late Miocene: a case study based on early diagenetic carbonate cement from Indian Siwalik. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology v. 228,245-259.
- Prasanta Sanyal, S.K.Bhattacharya, Mahesh Prasad. 2005. Chemical diagenesis of Siwalik sandstone: Isotopic and mineralogical proxies from Surai Khola section, Nepal. Sedimentary Geology v.180, 57-74.