Sitindra Sundar Dirghangi
Assistant Professor (on Contract)
- Organic Geochemistry
- Petroleum Geochemistry
- Stable Isotope Geochemistry
- Ph.D., Geochemistry July 2013, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
- M.Sc., Geological Sciences (May, 2005, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur, India)
- B.Sc. with Honors in Geology (May, 2003, University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India)
- IISER Kolkata, Assistant Professor (on contract; June, 2015 - present)
- GeoIsoChem Corporation, Covina, California, USA,Postdoctoral Researcher (January, 2014 – April, 2015)
- University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware, USA, Postdoctoral Researcher (May, 2013 – January, 2014)
- National Geophysical Research Institute, Hyderabad, India Summer Trainee (2004)
Awards and Honors:
- Charlton Dows Cooksey Jr. Memorial Fellowship, Yale University (2006-2009).
- University Fellowship, Yale University (2005-2011).
- Qualified in the all India Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) in the year 2005.
- Qualified in the National Eligibility Test (NET) in the year 2005.
- Ranked 5th in all India entrance examination for M.Sc. in Geology at IIT Kharagpur (2003).
- Ranked 5th in all India entrance examination for M.Sc. in Geology at IIT Bombay (2003).
- Dirghangi, S. S., Pagani, M. (2013). Hydrogen isotope fractionation during lipid biosynthesis by Tetrahymena thermophila. Organic Geochemistry, 64, 105-111.
- Dirghangi, S. S., Pagani, M. (2013). Hydrogen isotope fractionation during lipid biosynthesis by Haloarcula marismortui. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, 119, 381–390.
- Dirghangi, S. S., Pagani, M., Hren, M. T., Tipple, B. J. (2013). Distribution of glycerol dialkyl glycerol tetraethers in soils from two environmental transects in the USA. Organic Geochemistry, 59, 49-60.
- Tipple, B. J., Pagani, M., Krishnan, S., Dirghangi, S. S., Galeotti, S., Agnini, C., Giusberti, L., Rio, D. (2011). Coupled high-resolution marine and terrestrial records of carbon and hydrologic cycles variation during the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum (PETM). Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 311, 82-92.