- String topology (algebraic and geometric structures on loop spaces)
- Rational homotopy theory and invariants of manifolds
- Enumeration of curves and singularities
- Groups acting on manifolds
- Ph.D. in Mathematics State University of New York, Stony Brook, USA, 2011
- M.Math (Hons.) Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore, India, 2005
- B.Math (Hons.) Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore, India, 2003
- Assistant Professor at IISER Kolkata ( from June '16' - )
- Assistant Professor at RKM Vivekananda University (from July ’14 to May ’16).
- Riley Visiting Assistant Professor at SUNY-Binghamton (from September ’11 to June ’14).
Awards and Honors:
- Invited to Université de Nantes for a visit during August-September 2015.
- Invited to the Simons Center for Geometry & Physics for a visit during May 2015.
- Receipient of AMS-Simons Travel Grant, 2013-2015
- Of Sullivan models, Massey products and twisted Pontrjagin products Journal of Homotopy Theory and Related Structures, Vol. 13, No. 1 (2015) DOI : 10.1007/s40062-013-0057-0 (published online in 2013)
- Transverse String Topology and the Cord Algebra (joint with J. McGibbon, D. Sullivan, M. Sullivan) 1 Curriculum Vitae Somnath Basu Journal of Symplectic Geometry, Vol. 10, No. 2 (2015) http://arxiv.org/abs/1210.5722
- Enumeration of Curves with Two Singular Points (joint with R. Mukherjee) Bulletin des Sciences Mathemati ´ ques Vol. 139, No. 6 (2015) http://arxiv.org/abs/1409.6702
- Introductory Lectures on Surgery Theory (joint with T. Farrell) Introduction to Modern Mathematics, Advanced Lectures in Mathematics, Vol. 33 (2015)