- Equilibrium statistical mechanics of polyelectrolytes (charged polymers) -such as isolated ionizable polymers, gels, brushes, semi-flexible polymers - and application to phenomena such as critical phase behaviours, polymer complex formation, coil-globule transition, and exciting new phases ("pearl-necklace phase").
- Dynamics of phase transformations, such as swelling, in polyelectrolytes.
- Polymer crystallization and application of the concept of entropic barrier in the ordering of protein crystals.
- Moving boundary problems in a diffusive system, and its application to soft-matter and biological processes.
- Physics of soft matter and the role of charges in biology.
- Phase transitions, topological defects and chiral segregation in liquid crystals.
- Monte Carlo and Molecular Dynamics simulations in soft-matter (liquid crystal droplets) systems.
- Non-equilibrium dynamics of surface growth models.
- Ph.D (Theoretical Soft-Matter Physics), University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA 2003 (Advisor: Prof. Tom Lubensky)
- M.S (Theoretical Physics), Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, 1997 (Advisor: Prof. Chandan Dasgupta)
- B.Sc (Physics Honours), Presidency College (Calcutta University), 1994
- 2004 - 2009: Post-doctoral fellow in the group of Prof. M. Muthukumar, Polymer Science & Engineering, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, USA.
- 2010 - Present: Assistant Professor at IISER- Kolkata
- Arindam Kundagrami and M. Muthukumar. <93>Effective charge and coil-globule transition of a polyelectrolyte chain<94>, Macromolecules 43, 2574 (2010).
- M. Muthukumar, Jing Hua, and Arindam Kundagrami. <93>Charge regularization in phase separating polyelectrolyte solutions<94>, The Journal of Chemical Physics, 132, 084901 (2010).
- Arindam Kundagrami, Rajeev Kumar, and M. Muthukumar. <93>Simulations and Theories of Single Polyelectrolyte Chains<94>, invited contribution, edited by P. Gujrati, WILEY-VCH Verlag, Weinheim, Germany.