Optical micromanipulation, precision spectroscopy, biophotonics. http://www.iiserkol.ac.in/~ayan
- Ph.D. (Physics), IISc, Bangalore, 2005, Thesis title: Precise frequency measurements of atomic transitions.
- Research Scientist, General Electric India Technology Center (2005 - 2009)
- Associate Professor, IISER Kolkata ( - )
- Roy, Basudev; Mondal, Argha; Bera, Sudipta K and Banerjee, Ayan. 2016. "Using Brownian motion to measure shape asymmetry in mesoscopic matter using optical tweezers." Soft Matter, 12, 5077—5080
- Mandal, Argha; Roy, Basudev and Banerjee, Ayan. 2015. "Generation of microswimmers from passive Brownian particles in a spherically aberrated optical trap." Optics Express, 23, 8021-8028
- Thomas, Preethi; Pei, Cuiying; Roy, Basudev; Ghosh, Subhrokoli; Das, Santu; Banerjee, Ayan; Ben, Teng; Qiu, Shilun and Roy, Soumyajit. 2015. "Site specific supramolecular heterogeneous catalysis by optically patterned soft oxometalate– porous organic framework (SOM–POF) hybrid on a chip." Journal of Material Chemistry A, 3, 1431-1442