To study the carrier and spin dynamics in semiconductor nanostructures using time-resolved, spectrally-resolved, and polarization-resolved laser spectroscopy. Currently we are working on (i) exciton dynamics and nonlinear optical properties in thiophene-based organic semiconductors and (ii) correlation of magnetic and optical properties in transition-metal-doped Zinc Oxide nanoparticles and thinfilms. We would like to explore other diluted magnetic semiconductors (DMS); especially GaN-based DMS. We are interested to explore optically controlled switching application based on photochromatic materials.
- Ph.D. (Physics), Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai, 2004
- M.Sc. (Physics), University of Kalyani, 1998
- B.Sc. (Physics Honours), University of Kalyani, 1996
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Tsukuba, Japan (2004 - 2007).
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research-Kolkata, India (2007 - ).
- Associate of the Indian Academy of Sciences in 2008 for the period 2008-2011
- INSA medal for Young Scientists from Indian National Science Academy, (2008)
- JSPS fellowship for postdoctoral research in Japan from Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, (2005-07)
- INOUE fellowship for postdoctoral research in Japan from INOUE Foundation for Science, (2004-05)
- TAA-Geeta Udgaonkar award for the best thesis of the year, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, (2004-05)
- Siddhartha Sengupta memorial award for obtaining 1st rank in 1st class in M. Sc. (Physics) from University of Kalyani, (1998)
- University merit scholarship for obtaining 1st rank in 1st class in B. Sc. (Physics Honors) from University of Kalyani, (1996)
- B. Pal, K. Goto, M. Ikezawa, Y. Masumoto, P. Mohan, J. Motohisa, and T. Fukui, "Spectral diffusion of type-II excitons in wurtzite InP/InAs/InP core-multishell nanowires", J. Lumin. 129, 1941 (2009).
- K. Goto, S. Tomimoto, B. Pal, Y. Masumoto, P. Mohan, J. Motohisa, and T. Fukui, "Transient band-bending in InP/InAs/InP core-multishell nanowires", Phys. Status Solidi C 6, 205 (2009).
- K. Goto, M. Ikezawa, S. Tomimoto, B. Pal, Y. Masumoto, P. Mohan, J. Motohisa, and T. Fukui, "One- and Two-Dimensional Spectral Diffusions in InP/InAs/InP Core-Multishell Nanowires", Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 48, 04C203 (2009).