Our Gravitation and cosmology. At present working on i) building up models for the present accelerated expansion of the universe and ii) some problems on black hole physics.
- B.Sc. (Physics Honours), Presidency College, University of Calcutta, 1978
- M.Sc. (Physics), University of Calcutta, 1981
- Ph.D., Jadavpur University, 1986
- Lecturer, Sarat Centenary College, Dhaniakhali, Hooghly (1986)
- Lecturer, Sripat Singh College, Jiaganj, Murshidabad (1986-1991)
- Senior Lecturer, Jadavpur University (1991-1998)
- Reader, Jadavpur University (1998-2006)
- Professor, Jadavpur University (2006-2007)
- Professor, Indian Institute of Science, Education & Research (IISER), Kolkata (2008 -)
- Static spherically symmetric solutions in a general class of scalar tensor theories (with A. Banerjee and S.B.Duttachoudhury), J. Math. Phys. 25, 3041 (1984).
- Static spacetime in general scalar tensor theory (with S.B.Duttachoudhury and A.Banerjee), J. Math. Phys. 25, 3299 (1984).
- Static gravitational field in generalized scalar tensor theory (with S.B.Duttachoudhury), J. Math. Phys. 26, 1315 (1985).