Our research activity is mainly related to the study of electronic structure of strongly correlated systems by Angle-Resolved Photo-Emission Spectroscopy (ARPES).
We study (i) Metal-Insulator Transition (MIT) in transition metal oxides (ii) Mechanism of superconductivity in high-Tc superconductors (iii) Electronic structure of manganites showing CMR (iv) Superconductivity in Heavy Fermions (v) Low-dimensional systems showing charge-density wave (CDW), (vi) Electronic structure of the novel nano materials, super-ultra-thin films and/or one-dimensional chains etc.
- M. Sc. (Physics), Utkal University, 1996.
- Ph. D. (Experimental Physics), IOP / Utkal University, 2001.
- Research Associate, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India (2001-04).
- COE Fellow, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan (2004-06).
- JSPS Fellow, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan (2006-08).
- Visiting Associate Professor, WPI Research Center - AIMR, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan (Jan ~ Mar, 2009)
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata (2008 -).
- High pressure investigations of Na0.025WO3: x-ray diffraction and Raman spectroscopy studies; A. Basu, S. Paul, M. Polentarutti, G. Bais, S. Oishi, S. Raj and G. D. Mukherjee,J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 23 365401 (2011).
- Temperature dependent x-ray diffraction study of lightly doped NaxWO3; S. Paul, G. D. Mukherjee, A. Ghosh, S. Oishi, and S. Raj, Appl. Phys. Lett. 98, 121910 (2011).
- Metal - insulator transition in sodium tungsten bronzes, NaxWO3 studied by angle - resolved photoemission spectroscopy; S. Raj, T. Sato, S. Souma, T. Takahashi, D. D. Sarma, and P. Mahadevan, Mod. Phys. Lett. B 23, 2819 (2009).