- Mesoscopic physics
- Felid theory of low dimensional electronic systems
- Non equilibrium transport in strongly interacting quantum dots
- Physics of quantum Pumps
- Physics of topological insulators and superconductors
- 2004 Ph. D, Physics, Harish-Chandra Research Institute, University of Allahabad, India
- 1998 M. Sc. in Physics, Kalyani University,West Bengal
- 1996 B. Sc. in Physics, Calcutta University, West Bengal
- Oct 2016 - Associate Professor, IISER Kolkata
- Oct. 15, 2013 - Oct.14, 2014 Guest scientist, MPIPKS, Dresden, Germany
- Aug. 05, 2010 - Present Assistant Professor, University of Delhi, India
- Jan. 12, 2009 - Aug. 01, 2010 PDF, FZ-center J¨ulich, Germany (with Prof. M R Wegewijs )
Awards and Honors:
- Sourin Das,Spin Polarised Tunneling Probe for Two and Three Dimensional Dirac Metals,Journal of the Indian Institute of Science, Vol. 96 No. 2 (2016).
- Krishanu Roychowdhury, Disha Wadhawan, Poonam Mehta, Biswajit Karmakar, Sourin Das,Quantum Hall realization of polarized intensity interferometry, Phys. Rev. B. (R) 93, 220101 (2016), arXiv:1510.00632 [cond-mat.mes-hall].
- K. M. Tripathi,S. Das, S. Rao, Fingerprints of Majorana bound states in Aharonov Bohm geometry, Phys. Rev. Lett. 116, 166401 (2016), arXiv:1509.06684 [cond-mat.mes-hall].
- S. Roy, S. Das, Transport signatures of surface potentials on three-dimensional topological insulators, Phys. Rev. B 93,085422, (2016) arXiv:1509.05432 [cond-mat.mes-hall].