Quantum phase transition and exotic phases of ultracold atoms in an optical lattice, Bose-Einstein condensation, Nanostructures (Quantum Dot), Non-equilibrium quantum systems.
- Ph.D (Theoretical physics), The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai/ Madras University, 2001
- M.Sc, The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai/ Anna University, 1996
- B.Sc, Presidency College/ Calcutta University, 1994
- 2000 - 2002: post-doctoral fellow in the group of at Ecole Normale Superieure(Paris).
- 2002, March - 2003, April : Visiting scientist at Laboratoire de Physique Theorique et Modeles Statistiques (Orsay,France).
- 2003 - 2005: Post doctoral fellow at 'Max Planck Institute for complex systems' (Dresden).
- 2005, May - 2006, Frebruary: Post doctoral fellow at University of Stuttgart
- 2006 - 2008: Faculty fellow at S. N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences (Kolkata).
- 2008 - Present: Assistant Professor at IISER- Kolkata.
Best thesis award of Institute of Mathematical Sciences in the year 2002-2003.
1."Dynamic instability of a rotating Bose-Einstein condensate" S. Sinha, Y. Castin, Physical review letters 87 , 190402 (2001).
2. "Semiclassical analysis of collective excitations in Bose-Einstein condensate" S Sinha, Physical Review A 55 , 4325 (1997).
3. "Trapped Two-Dimensional Condensates with Synthetic Spin-Orbit Coupling"Subhasis Sinha, Rejish Nath, and Luis Santos Phys. Rev. Lett. 107, 270401 (2011).