Origin of Life, Evolutionary Game Theory, Riboswitches.
- BSc (Physics), Presidency College (Calcutta University), 1992
- MSc (Physics), IIT Kharagpur, 1994
- PhD (Physics), Institute of Physics, Bhubaneswar (IOP), 2000, Thesis : Topological Defect Formation and Other Consequences of Phase Transitions in Field Theories.
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, University of Alberta (2000 - 2003)
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, McMaster University (2003 - 2005)
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Dalhousie University (2005 - 2007)
- Associate Professor, Jawaharlal Nehru University (2007 - 2012)
- Associate Professor, IISER Kolkata ( - )
- Verma, Prateek; Nandi, Anjan K and Sengupta, Supratim. 2017. "Bribery games on inter-dependent regular networks." Scientific Reports, 7, 42735
- Aggarwal, Neha; Bandhu, Ashutosh Vishwa and Sengupta, Supratim. 2016. "Finite population analysis of the effect of horizontal gene transfer on the origin of an universal and optimal genetic code." Physical Biology, 13, 036007
- Mukherjee, Sumit and Sengupta, Supratim. 2015. "Riboswitch Scanner: An efficient pHMM-based web-server to detect riboswitches in genomic sequences." Bioinformatics, 32, 776-778