Area of Interest: Methodological developments in liquid and solid state Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, Quantum Information Processing.
Email ID: rangeet [AT] iiserkol.ac.in
Our main interest is in developing novel experimental techniques in solid and liquid state NMR with primary interest lying in studying dynamics of liquid molecules and solids. Solid state NMR often shows signatures of non-linearity (departure from linear response theory), which, if taken into consideration, can provide wealth of information about the system under study. At the moment we are investigating the non-linear effects both from theoretical and experimental stand points. Such non-linear behaviour is also relevant to dynamic nuclear polarization, which remains our second area of interest. Our third area of interest is quantum information processing.
- Ph.D (Physics), Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, 2005
- M.S (Physics), Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, 2000
- B.Sc. (Physics Hons.), Jadavpur University, 1997
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel (2005-2007)
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, State University of New York Stony Brook, Stony Brook, USA (2008-2009)
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Southampton University, Southampton, UK (2009-2010)
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research - Kolkata, India (2010 - present)
Awards and Honors:
- Laura Marinelli Award, 50th Rocky Mountain conference on solid state NMR, USA (2008)
- Fellowship, Feinberg Graduate School, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel (2006-2007)
- Reva G Stone fellowship (Feinberg Graduate School), Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel (2005-2006)
- University Gold medal, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India (1997).
Complete list of Publications