Welcome to homepage of Dr. Rumi De
Dr. Rumi De
rumi.de [AT] iiserkol.ac.in|
Biological physics, Nonlinear dynamics, Statistical physics, Soft condensed matter physics.|
Our group aims at addressing emergent problems in the interdisciplinary areas of physics and biology by using the tools from statistical physics, nonlinear dynamics, elasticity, and soft condensed matter physics.|
|Complete list of publications:
|PhD and Post-Doc positions open:
Positions are open for bright and motivated students having Masters'/PhD degree in Physics.
Interested students are requested to directly contact me at the above email address.
Bright and motivated students interested in internship are encouraged
to directly contact me at the above email address.
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research-Kolkata, India (2010 - present)
- Visiting Scientist, Southampton University, Southampton, UK (2010)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Brown University, Providence, USA (2008-2009).
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel (2006-2008).
- Ph.D. (Nonlinear Dynamical Systems) 2006, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
- M.Sc. (Physics), University of Calcutta, India
- B.Sc. (Physics Honours), University of Calcutta, India
|Awards and Honors:
- Young Investigator Award, 6th World Congress of Biomechanics, Singapore (2010)
- Feinberg Graduate Postdoctoral Fellowship, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel (2006).
- One of the best participants award in seventh workshop on nonlinear dynamics and earthquake prediction, ICTP, Trieste, Italy (2003).
- National Eligibility Test (NET), University Grants Commission, Govt. of India (1999).
- Mrs. R. Ganguly Memorial award in physics, B.Sc., Serampore College, University of Calcutta, India.