Walk-in-interview on February 21, 2019 at 10.00 AM for a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) Position under a SERB Funded Project at IISER Kolkata
A position for a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) is available in the research group of Dr. Supratim Banerjee, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Sciences, IISER Kolkata.
The research work involves the synthesis of small chromophore based organic molecules and exploration of their light responsive functional properties using spectroscopic and microscopic techniques.
1. Title of project: Design of Host-Guest Supramolecular Polymers in Aqueous Media: Adaptive Materials with Self-healing and Stimuli-responsive Properties
2. Funding agency: SERB
3. Principle Investigator: Dr. Supratim Banerjee, Asst. Professor, Dept. of Chemical Sciences
4. Remuneration: Maximum up to Rs. 25,000/- per month.
5. Tenure: Initially for a period of one year, extendable for a further period subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent.
6. Basic Eligibility Criteria: M.Sc. in Chemistry or Integrated BS-MS with minimum 60% marks or minimum CGPA of 7.5.
7. Desirable additional experience and qualifications: LS qualified or a valid GATE score.
Preference will be given to candidates with an exposure to synthetic organic chemistry and spectroscopic techniques.
8. Age limit: Must not be over 28 years as on 21st February, 2019 which can be relaxed for certain reserved categories as per the rules of the Government of India. Relaxation in age, educational qualification or experience may be considered in case of exceptionally
9. How to Apply: A detailed CV prior to the interview must be emailed to supratim.banerjee AT iiserkol.ac.in latest by 18th February, 2019.
Candidates are requested to report for the walk-in interview with their CV and the original copies of the documents on 21st February, 2019 at 9:30 AM in RC-336, Research Complex, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Kolkata, Mohanpur, West Bengal, Pin –
10. Terms and Conditions:
i) No TA / DA will be provided to the candidate for the interview.
ii) The decision of the selection committee will be final.
iii) If the number of candidates appearing for the walk-in interview is large, the selection committee may decide to restrict the number of candidates for the interview to a reasonable limit after considering qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
iv) The appointment of the candidate will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
v) The selected candidate will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
vi) The fellowship may be terminated with a 30-day notice before completion of the tenure, if performance till date is not deemed satisfactory.
Dr. Supratim Banerjee
Asst. Professor, Dept. of Chemical Sciences
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Kolkata,
Mohanpur, West Bengal, Pin – 741236.Phone: 033 6634 0000 (ext: 1312)
E-mail: supratim.banerjee AT iiserkol.ac.in