Online interview on July 14, 2020 for the position of a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in Har-Govind
Khorana IYBA Project under DBT, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India
Applications are invited for the position of Junior Research Fellow (1 position) under Har-Govind Khorana
IYBA Project entitled ‘A Structural Topology-based Electrostatic Model (STEM) of RNA to investigate
functional conformational changes of bacterial and viral RNA’. The position is funded by the Department of
Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India. The JRF position will be awarded
for a period of one year (extendable strictly based on the research progress and performance).
1. Position: JRF (1 position)
2. Research Area: Theoretical and Computational Biophysical Chemistry (Focus: RNA Biophysics)
3. Funding source: DBT, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India.
4. Principle Investigator: Dr. Susmita Roy, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Chemical Sciences, IISER Kolkata
5. Remuneration: JRF (Rs. 31000/- plus 24% HRA)
6. Tenure: 1 year (extendable strictly based on the research progress and performance)
7. Basic Eligibility Criteria: (i) First class (or CGPA OF 7.0 and above at a scale of 10) in MSc in Chemistry
(Physical), or MSc in Physics, or Biophysics, or Biotechnology (ii) Qualified CSIR-UGC NET (including LS)
or GATE examination. (iii) Candidates should be below 28 years of age at the time of application.
8. Desirable qualification: Candidate is expected to have strong interest in doing computational biophysical
chemistry research with good understanding of physical chemistry/chemical physics concepts and good
9. How to Apply: A detailed CV prior to the interview must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org &
email@example.com latest by 10 th July, 2020 (last date of application).
*All candidates are requested to send the following documents before the online interview:
(a) Two sealed recommendation letters from a teacher and/or academic mentor; (b) Self-attested copies of
degree certificates with originals. (c) Any other relevant documents.
Date/Time: 14 th JULY, 2020, 2:00 PM
Mode of Interview: Online (For security reasons, a Google-Meet link will be shared to the short-listed
candidate just 5-10 mins before the interview. Interview will be recorded. The application itself will be
considered as the consent of the applicant.
**Conditions: The decision of the selection committee will be final. The selected candidate may be terminated
with a 30-day notice before completion of tenure, if their performance is deemed unsatisfactory. The
requirements of minimum qualification and/or experience and age may be relaxed in the case of candidates
with outstanding credentials.
Dr. Susmita Roy
Department of Chemical Sciences
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata
Mohanpur-741246, West Bengal, India