firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com | +91-9836682822
Paleoclimatology | Geoarchaeology | Fluvial Sedimentology | Quaternary Geology & Geomorphology
1. Special Registration Support Program (SRSP € 300) to the meritorious Indian researchers for 36th International Geological Congress (IGC), Delhi, India
2. INQUA Bursary Recipient (€ 1000) to attend INQUA 2019, Dublin, Ireland
3. Selected as a Regional Representative of Early Career Network (ECN) of Past Global Changes (PAGES)
4. International Association of Sedimentologist (IAS) Post Graduate Research Grant 2018 (€ 1000)
5. IAS Travel Grant 2018 (€ 500) for 20th International Sedimentological Congress 2018, Canada
6. Best Poster Award- Advances in Modern Earth System Sciences-2017. IISER Kolkata
7. Best Poster Award- Annual Conference 2016 of IISER Kolkata
8. IISER MS-PhD Fellowship from August-2013 to Present
9. Medhavi Scholarship Recipient for 4 continuous years (Primary Education). Given by MCD Delhi
10. Secured EML rank in IIT-JEE exam-2010
• Attended UGC-ISF sponsored 2nd Paleoanthropology field workshop in Madhya Pradesh, June 9-15, 2018
• Field work along the full stretch of Ganga river (Himalaya to Bay of Bengal) for river water and suspended sediments collection during-May-June 2016
• Field work at Belan river fluvial section of Quaternary deposits (Archaeological sites)- October-2014
• Field work at Dehradun Lesser Himalaya and Siwaliks, Under Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology, Dehradun-June 2014
• Field work along Gangetic plain to drill fluvial sediments cores to paleoenvironmental reconstruction- Jan-Feb 2014
• Field Work at Galudih for structural Geology. IISER-Kolkata. December 2013
• Field Work at Deccan Volcanic Provenance (DVP) around Pune and Mahabaleshwar, University of Delhi. December 2012
• Field Work at Nainital, University of Delhi. December 2011
• Field Work at Jaipur, University of Delhi. December 2010
1. Deepak Kumar Jha , Prasanta Sanyal, Anne Philippe. 2019. Multi-proxy evidence of Late Quaternary climate and vegetational history of north-central India: implication for the Paleolithic to Neolithic phases. Quaternary Science Reviews (In press).
2. Anusree A.S. Pillai, Ambili Anoop, Mahesh Sankaran, Prasanta Sanyal, Deepak K. Jha, Jayashree Ratnam, 2017: Mid-late Holocene vegetation response to climatic drivers and biotic disturbances in the Banni grasslands of western India. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology. 485, 869-878..
3. Yadav Ankit, Praveen K. Mishra, Prem Kumar, Deepak K. Jha, Vivek V. Kumar, V. Ambili, Ambili Anoop, 2017: Molecular distribution and carbon isotope of n-alkanes from Ashtamudi Estuary, South India: Assessment of organic matter sources and paleoclimatic implications. Marine Chemistry. 196, 62-70.
1. Jha, D.K. Samrat, R. Sanyal, P. (2019). Climate, vegetation and fire history of the last ~100 ka from archaeological sites of Belan valley, north-central India. Japan Geoscience Union Meeting 2019.
2. Jha, D.K. Samrat, R. Sanyal, P. (2019). Reconstructing human-induced fire from archaeological sites of Belan valley, north-central India. 20th Congress of the International Union for Quaternary Research (INQUA)
3. Jha, D.K. Saha, K. Sanyal, P. Jaiswal, M.K. (2019). Late-Pleistocene climate and vegetation of north-central India: Clues from sedimentology, molecular distribution of n-alkane and stable isotopes. 20th Congress of the International Union for Quaternary Research (INQUA)
4. Samrat, R. Jha, D.K. Sanyal, P. (2019). Evidence of early-human induced paleofire events in Belan valley, north-central India. EGU General Assembly Conference Abstracts 2019. Vienna, Austria
5. Jha, D.K. and Sanyal, P. (2018). Late Quaternary climate variability and civilization history of Belan valley, India. EGU General Assembly Conference Abstracts 2018. Vienna, Austria.
6. Jha, D.K. Ghosh, S. Hirave. P. Sanyal, P. (2017). Isotopic response of angiosperm and gymnosperm species along a climate gradient: a case study from NW Himalaya. Advances in Modern Earth System Sciences-2017. IISER Kolkata, India.
7. Kumar, P. Ankit, Y. Mishra, P.K. Jha, D.K. Anoop, A. (2017). Characterisation of organic matter source and sediment distribution in Ashtamudi Estuary, southern India. EGU General Assembly Conference Abstracts 2017. Vienna, Austria
8. Jha, D.K. and Sanyal, P. (2016). Paleohydrological and vegetational history of Quaternary Belan valley, north central India: Multi-proxy evidence from archaeological site. Annual General Meeting of The Geological Society of India 2016, IIT Kharagpur, India.