Walk-in-interview on February 28, 2019 at 2.00 PM for Junior Research Fellow Position under SERB Project at IISER Kolkata
A position for a Junior Research Fellow is available in the research group of Dr.Dibyendu Das, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Sciences, IISER Kolkata. The research work involves the synthesis and development of small organic molecules and peptide based nanostructures and their application as functional materials.
- Title of project:Dissipative Microphases Regulated by Emergence of Catalytic Behaviour in Supramolecular Peptide Assemblies
- Funding agency:SERB
- Principle Investigator:Dr.Dibyendu Das, Asst. Professor, Dept. of Chemical Sciences
- Remuneration:Maximum up to25,000 per month.
- Tenure:Initially for a period of one year, extendable for a further period subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent.
- Basic Eligibility Criteria: Highly motivated and bright students withM.Sc. in Chemistry or Biochemistry or Integrated BS-MS with minimum 60% marks or minimum CGPA of 7.5.
- Desirable additional experience and qualifications: Exposure to synthetic organic chemistry techniques and peptide chemistry, LSqualified or valid GATE score.
- Age limit: Must not be over 28 years as on 28th Feb,2019 which is relaxable for certain reserved categories as per rules of Government of India.Relaxation in age, educational qualification or experience may be considered in case of exceptionallymeritorious candidates.
- How to Apply: A detailed CV prior to the interview must be emailed to email@example.com latest by 25th Feb, 2019. Candidates are requested to come for a walk-in interview with their CV and proof ofqualifications on28th Feb, 2019at 1 PM in B-23, Prefab II, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research(IISER) Kolkata, Mohanpur, West Bengal, Pin – 741236.
i) No TA / DA will be provided to the candidate for the interview.
ii) The decision of the selection committee will be final.
iii) If the number of candidates appearing for the walk-in interview is large, the selection committee may decide to restrict the number of candidates for the interview to a reasonable limit after considering qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
iv) The appointment of the candidate will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
v) The selected candidate will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
vi) The fellowship may be terminated with a 30-day notice before completion of the tenure, if performance till date is not deemed satisfactory.
Asst. Professor, Dept. of Chemical Sciences
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research(IISER)Kolkata,Mohanpur,
West Bengal, Pin – 741236.Phone: 033 6634 0000 (extn:1317)