Prof. Raja Shunmugam from DCS has been awarded the prestigious "NASI-Reliance Industries Platinum Jubilee Award for Application Oriented Innovations in Physical Sciences" for the year 2019. Congratulations Prof. Shunmugam.
Dr. Ashwani Tiwari of Department of Chemical Sciences has been awarded CRSI-Bronze Medal. Congratulations Dr. Ashwani.
Dr. Dibyendu Das of Department of Chemical Sciences has been selected as an Associate of the Indian Academy of Sciences (IASc) 2019. Congratulations Dr. Dibyendu!
Congratulations to Prof. Malla Reddy Chilla and his group on their design of a crystal that is 'harder than steel yet flexible like a rubber band'.
Prof. Arabinda Chaudhuri of Department of Chemical Sciences has been awarded this year's Professor J. N. Mukherjee Memorial Award of Indian Chemical Society. Congratulations Prof. Chaudhuri.
Dr. Anirvan Chakraborty of Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics has been selected for the "INSA Medal for Young Scientist Award-2019".Many Congratulations Dr. Anirvan Chakraborty.
Prof. Dibyendu Nandi of Dept. of Physical Sciences received ASI Laxminarayana & Nagalaxmi Modali Award for 2018 during the 37th Annual Meeting of ASI held at Christ (Deemed to be University), Bengaluru on 19 February 2019.
Dr. Raja Shunmugam of Dept. of Chemical Sciences received 8th National Innovation award for developing New polymers for Drug Delivery on 23 January 2019. Honorable Vice President of India and Honorable Governor of Tamil Nadu were the Chief Guests.
SERB has sanctioned the project of Prof. Prasanta Sanyal of Dept. of Earth Sciences to build up a National Facility for carrying out research on Isotope enabled Organic Geochemistry at IISER Kolkata.
- Prof. Jayasri Das Sarma of Dept. of Biological Sciences been elected as a Fellow of West Bengal Academy of Science & Technology (WAST) for the year 2018.
- Prof. Prasanta Panigrahi featured amongst the top ten "Science Personality 2017" in "Scientific India".
- Vigyan Prasar has highlighted the CESSI, IISER Kolkata Solar Cycle prediction work as one of the 2018 achievements of Indian Science.
- The Research on Sunspot Cycle by Prof. Dibyendu Nandi and his student Ms Prantika Bhowmik is published in Nature Communication and is reported in several News Papers.
- Prof. Priyadarshi De of Dept. of Chemical Sciences gets the "Kaushal "Kishore Award, 2018" of the Society for Polymer Science (India).
- Prof. Punyasloke Bhadury of Department of Biological Sciences has been awarded the prestigious SwarnaJayanti Fellowship Award (2017-18) in the discipline of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences.
- Dr. Swadhin Mandal and Dr. Rahul Banerjee, from the Department of Chemical Sciences, have been awarded the Shantiswarup Bhatnagar Award of CSIR for 2018.
- Dr. Swadhin Mandal of DCS has been awarded the CRSI (Chemical Research Society of India) Bronze Medal in recognition of his contributions to research in Chemistry.
- Dr. Rahul Banerjee of DCS has received an industry (From GAIL) project titled "Bulk Synthesis and discovery of porous COF materials with remarkable chemical stability for Methane storage" with a sponsor value of Rs. 1.2 Croes.
- News Coverage on Plasma jets inside Sun may help predict erratic space storms: [The Times of Indian] [Phys.Org]
- Dr. Dibyendu Nandi of Dept. of Physical Sciences has been awarded a Swedish Wenner-Gren Foundation Guest Professorship at the Nordic Institute of Theoretical Physics (NORDITA, Stockholm)
- Mrs. Bhaswati Bhowmik, PRO has been awarded with a fellowship under Malaysia Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) to pursue a course on "PPP & Infrastructure Development: The Malaysian Experience" at the Public Private Partnership Unit, Ministry of Finance, Malaysia during 29 July - 4 August 2018.
- Congratulations to Dr. Swadhin Mandal of Dept. of Chemical Sciences on being invited to be a Fellow of Royal Society of Chemistry
- Dr Swadhin Mandal's research group publishes their new findings on metal free coupling catalysis in the prestigious Journal of the American Chemical Society (JACS)
- Dr. Soumyajit Roy's work on Soft-oxometalate based active matter for cleaning of waste water is highlighted by the newspaper, The Hindu.
- Dr Swadhin Mandal has received the SERB Distinguished Investigator Award.
- Dr. Sayan Bhattacharyya of DCS and his group work on paper based flexible electrodes published in Nature Communications. Article "Paper-based electrodes show superior water-splitting efficiency" published in New Paper, The Hindu on 26th May 2018.
- A Press Meet was held on 16th May 2018 in presence of Prof. Sourav Pal (Director, IISER Kolkata) and Dr. T. Ramaswami (Ex-Secretary DST)
- A Comprehensive News Story on the recent findings of Dr. Robert John Chandran of DBS and his student Ms. Radhika Kanade
- Dr. Raja Shunmugam of DCS, IISER Kolkata along with ADO Additives MFG PVT. LTD. has developed a complete solution regarding detection and removal of Arsenic from water and subsequent disposal of Arsenic Contaminated remover.
- Prof. Supriyo Mitra of DES has been selected as a 'Regular Associate' of The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) for a period of 5 years (2019-2024)
- Congratulations to Dr. Soumyajit Roy on becoming Associate Editor for the Journal Frontiers in Chemistry
- Dr. Pradipta Purkayastha of DCS has been selected as an OUTSTANDING FACULTY IN SCIENCE by the Venus International Faculty Awards -VIFA 2018
- Prof. Somnath Dasgupta (DES) has been awarded the Darashaw Nosherwanji Wadia Medal (2018) by the Indian National Science Academy
- RSC IISER-K Student Chapter First event-"Spectacular Chemistry" held on 16th April 2018
- Congratulations to Prof. Prasanta Sanyal for receiving the Coordinated Research Project (CRP) grant from the International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna
- Research findings of Dr Annagiri Sumana published - The Hindu Anandabazar Mathrubhumi
- Comprehensive News Story of IISER Kolkata's Success towards Start-up and Incubation Center: Telegraph India Today Business Standard
- Congratulations to Dr. Swadhin Mandal on receiving an industry project (Invictus Oncology) amounting Rs 1 crore for three years
IISERs IISER Kolkata IISER Pune IISER Mohali IISER Bhopal IISER Tiruvananthapuram NIRF Rank 2018 25 32 55 56 58
- IISER Kolkata Lecture Series by Icons of Modern Science of India
- A Multinational Project under the BRICS Program has been Sanctioned where Dr Swadhin Mandal of DCS is PI from India. This Project is a Collaborative one between India, China and Russia.
- CESSI, IISER Kolkata and Science City Presents Nilanjan P Choudhury's "The Square Root of a Sonnet", 23rd and 24th March 2018.
- News Coverage of recent findings of Dr. Annagiri Sumana and her student Mr. Bishwarup Paul, 'Tricks & Risks of Thieving Ants'
- CESSI in News
- Dr. Ayan Banerjee and Dr. Soumyajit Roy's research findings has been listed as a highlight in "Success stories" in the MHRD Webpage.
- Dr. Rajesh Kumble Nayak and his student Anuradha Samajdar contributions in detection of Gravitational Waves has been listed as highlight in "Success stories" in the MHRD Webpage.
- Dr. Balaram Mukhopadhyay has been awarded H. C. Srivastava Young Scientist Award-2017 by the Association of Carbohydrate Chemists and Technologists India (ACCTI) during the recent Conference of the Association at IIT Kharagpur
- Dr Swadhin Mandal joined the Editorial Board of Journal "J. Chem. Sci." for three years.
- Anandabazar Patrika took interview of Mr. Soumyajit Seth, Research Scholar, about IISER Kolkata Campus Radio 16th December 2017 and it has been published in the news paper on 20th December 2017.
- Professor Supriyo Mitra has been selected for the INSA Bilateral Exchange programme under the International Collaboration/Exchange programme 2018 to visit Germany (GFZ Potsdam) for collaborative research.
- Comprehensive news story on National Mega Science projects appeared in all editions of the Hindustan Time which among others, also covers the Aditya L1 space mission - in which CESSI is involved.
- Dr. Dibyendu Nandy edited the book "Living Around Active Stars" which is published by Cambridge University Press.
- RSC Salters Chemistry Camp, 19-21 December 2017 | Press Write-up
- Felicitation of Prof. Sourav Pal, Director, IISER Kolkata by Dr. Subramanian Swamy in Outreach event organized by Janparishad in Bhopal
- Interview of Prof. Ada Yonath, Nobel laureate in Chemistry, 2009 by Campus Radio Team, IISER Kolkata
- Dr. Debasish Haldar's Research on Cleaning Oil Spills and Removing Fluoride and Metal Ions from Drinking Water has appeared in The Hindu.
This has also been highlighted in the video by Chemical & Engineering News, American Chemical Society, released today entitled "Modified sponge mops up oil but not water": https://cen.acs.org/articles/95/web/2017/11/Modified-sponge-mops-oil-water.html
- Professor Sourav Pal (Director) appointed as a member of the Editorial Advisory Board of The Journal of Physical Chemistry (JPC) for a period of 3 years (2018-2020) starting from 1st January 2018.
- Prof. Sourav Pal, Director elected as a 'Member of the Council of the Indian National Science Academy'.
CSIR-NCL , Pune has initiated a Name Lecture in Computational Chemistry (broadly theoretical chemistry) in honour of Prof. Sourav Pal, Director, IISER Kolkata. The first lecture will be held on Nov 1, 2017 in NCL, Pune.
- Interview of Prof. Bruce Alberts, a renowned Biologist, by Campus Radio Team, IISER Kolkata: [Episode-1] [Episode-2]
- Hearty Congratulations Dr. Nayak and Miss Samajdar
- IISER Kolkata welcomes Prof. Sourav Pal on his joining as Director of the institute on 12th October 2017
- Press Release: PREDICTION OF THE SUN’s CORONAL STRUCTURE BY SCIENTISTS FROM CESSI, IISER KOLKATA - The Great American Solar Eclipse on 21 August 2017
- Indians contribute to detection of Cosmic fireworks and strike gold
- Cosmic gold factories -- in the news
- Indian Scientists (led by Dr. Ayan Banerjee and Dr. Soumyajit Roy) uses tiny bubbles to draw circuits
- IISER Kolkata fourth among top Scientific Institutions
- IISER-Kolkata has been selected for the "Karyalaya Deep Smriti Award 2015" by the Rajbhasha Sansthan, New Delhi [Click Here].
- The July of 'The CIMMYT Informa' reports Dr. Shree P. Pandey and his group's work on spot blotch disease', for more details Click Here
- Media Coverage of 1st Convocation of IISER Kolkata held on 8th July 2013.
- The July 2012 issue of Business Economics magazine carries the article "Creating top-notch research infrastructure", by Prof. R N Mukherjee, Director IISER Kolkata. The news clipping is available here.
The June 2012 (current) issue of PHYSICS TODAY magazine carries an invited review by Dibyendu Nandi of the popular science book "The Sun’s Heartbeat: And Other Stories from the Life of the Star That Powers Our Planet". The Original link is here.
- The 12th June issue of The Telegraph reports Dr. Dibyendu Nandi and his groups work on solar activities. The news clipping is available here. The original link is here.
- The 22 January 2011 issue of the national magazine, The Week, carries a cover story on major scientific news of the past year, which includes comments by faculty of IISER Kolkata and an interview of A. P. J. Abdul Kalam. An abridged version is available [ here ].
- MPG-DST partner group headed by Shree P. Pandey launched at IISER-Kolkata [ pdf file ]
- New Home for Science Institute (Times of India, March 25, 2008) [ pdf file ]
- IISER, a school of basic sciences, will shhift out of IIT,Kharagpur's Salt Lake centre in... ( JPG file )