JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW (Dept. of Earth Sciences, IISER Kolkata)
A position for a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) is available in the research group of Dr. Kajaljyoti Borah, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Earth Sciences, IISER Kolkata.
The research work would be focused on estimation of Lg attenuation and site response, high resolution surface wave and attenuation tomography, 3D shear velocity vs depth image at shallow and deeper level, depth imaging of hidden/active faults, and earthquake precursor studies.
1. Title of project: 3-D shear velocity and attenuation structure of northeast India
2. Funding agency: Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)
3. Principle investigator: Dr. Kajaljyoti Borah, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Earth Sciences
4. Remuneration: A maximum amount of Rs. 31,000 per month + HRA
5. Tenure: 12 months, with possibility of renewal upon satisfactory performance
6. Basic Eligibility Criteria:
M.Sc or equivalent degree, in either Geology, Geophysics, Applied Geology, Applied Geophysics, Seismology, Physics, or Mathematics, with minimum 65% marks, or minimum CGPA/CPI of 7.0 on a 10-point scale.
Qualification in at least one of these exams: CSIR-UGC NET (incl. LS); GATE; national-level exams conducted by DST/DBT/DAE/DOS/DRDO/MHRD/ICAR/ICMR/IIT/IISc/IISER.
7. Additional experience: Sound understanding of seismology; Experience with computer programming.
8. Age limit: Not more than 30 years as on 10th March, 2021, which is relaxable for certain reserved categories as per rules of Government of India.
9. How to apply: Eligible candidates should send their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) via email ONLY to email@example.com latest by 10th March 2021. The full contact information (address, mobile number, landline number if any) should be provided with the CV.
10. Last date for receiving applications: 10th March, 2021
11. Interview: Short-listed applicants will be invited (via email) for an online oral interview. The interview will be held between 11th March to 15th March 2021.
12. Conditions: The candidate has to make logistics provision for the online interviews. The decision of the selection committee will be final. The selected candidate will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer. The selected candidate may be terminated with a 30-day notice before completion of tenure, if performance till date is not deemed satisfactory.