Online interview on 07th May 2021 at 11:00 a.m. via Google Meet for a Project Assistant Position under a TATA STEEL Funded Project at IISER Kolkata.
A position for a Project Assistant is available in the research group of Dr. Rahul Banerjee, Associate Professor, Department of Chemical Sciences, IISER-Kolkata. The research work
involves the synthesis of Covalent Organic Frameworks and their Carbon dioxide uptake studies.
1. Title of project: Porous Covalent Organic frameworks with Exceptional Chemical Stability for CO2 Capture.
2. Funding agency: TATA STEEL
3. Principal Investigator: Dr. Rahul Banerjee, Associate Professor, Dept. of Chemical Sciences
4. Remuneration: Maximum up to Rs. 35,000 /- per month.
5. Tenure: Initially for a period of 6 months, extendable for a further period subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent.
6. Basic Eligibility Criteria: Motivated candidates who already submitted their Ph.D. thesis or Ph.D. degree holder with NET qualification and first-class B.Sc. and M.Sc Degree (General Chemistry/Organic Chemistry/Inorganic Chemistry/Physical Chemistry/Material Science/) along with a consistently good academic record. Minimum 5 years research experience after M.Sc.
7. Age limit: Must not be over 35 years as on 01st May 2021 which can be relaxed for certain reserved categories as per the rules of the Government of India. Relaxation in age, educational qualification, or experience may be considered in the case of exceptionally meritorious candidates.
8. How to Apply: Candidates are requested to appear in the online interview via Google Meet on 07th May, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. via Google Meet organized by the Department of Chemical Sciences, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Kolkata, Mohanpur, West Bengal, Pin–741246.
Interested Candidates must need to send a prior application and detailed CV via email to Dr. Rahul Banerjee (email@example.com) before appearing in the online
All candidates are requested to send the following documents before the online interview:
(a) Self-attested copies of degree certificates with originals.
(b) Any other relevant documents.
9. Terms and Conditions:
i) No TA / DA will be provided to the candidate for the interview.
ii) The decision of the selection committee will be final.
iii) If the number of candidates appearing for the online interview is large, the selection committee may decide to restrict the number of candidates for the interview to a reasonable limit after considering qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
iv)The appointment of the candidate will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
v) The selected candidate will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
vi)The fellowship may be terminated with a 30-day notice before completion of the tenure if performance to date is not deemed satisfactory.
Dr. Rahul Banerjee
Associate Professor, Dept. of Chemical Sciences
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Kolkata, Mohanpur,
West Bengal, Pin – 741246. Phone: 033 6136 0000 (ext: 1327)