ADVERTISEMENT FOR PROJECT SENIOR RESEARCH FELLOW (SRF) POSITION
Online Interview on 26 March ,2021 at 11.30 AM through Google Meet for a Senior Research Fellow (SRF) position at IISER Kolkata to support research activities under the project titled, “Understanding the mechanism of altered cell signaling due to differential activation of zeta-chain-associated protein tyrosine kinase, ZAP-70, in T-cells” of Dr. Rahul Das, Assistant Professor, Department of Biological Sciences, IISER-Kolkata. The project is offered by the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology, Government of India
1. Funding Agency: Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
2. Principal Investigator: Dr. Rahul Das, Assistant Professor, Department of Biological Sciences.
3. Essential Qualification: MSc. (in Molecular Biology or Biochemistry) Degree along with NET qualification. The candidate should have at least three years of research experience in the field of Biochemistry, supported by published first author paper in SCI journal. The candidate should have extensive experience in cloning, protein expression and purification.
* As per DST Office Memorandum No. SR/S9/Z-09/2012 dated 21.10.2014, the following examinations conducted by various Central Government Departments / Agencies are considered as National Eligibility Test (NET).
CSIR – CSIR – UGC National Eligibility Test
MHRD – Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE), Joint Admission Test (JAM), Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT)
DBT – Biotechnology Eligibility Test & Test conducted in Bioinformatics
By Bioinformatics National Consortium (BINC)
DAE – JEST & JGEEBILS, NBHM
ICMR – JRF Entrance Examination
ICAR – Test conducted by ICAR for admission to PhD program
DoP - GPAT
4. Desired Qualification: Experience in biochemical experiments, like Isothermal Titration Calorimetry, Fluorescence based experiments, protein NMR spectroscopy, animal cell culture knowledge in Molecular Biology tools and techniques.
5. Age Limit: Must not be over 30 years on the day of interview which can be relaxed for certain reserved categories as per the prevailing rules of the Government of India. Relaxation in age, educational qualification or experience may be considered in case of exceptionally meritorious candidates.
6. Remuneration (Consolidated): Rs. 35000/- (Rupees Thirty Five Thousand Only) per month
7. Tenure: six months and may be extended on availability of fund
8. How to send Applications: Interested candidates may send an application along with a detailed CV, self-attested copies of testimonials, any other relevant documents, one page research statement through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to Dr. Rahul Das on or before 12 noon of 20 March, 2021. Please write “Application for the Senior Research Fellow (SRF) position” in the subject line of your email.
9. Interview: Shortlisted candidates are requested to appear in the online interview through Google Meet on 26th March, 2021 at 11:00 A.M. to be organised by Dr. Rahul Das, Department of Biological Sciences, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata, Mohanpur, West Bengal, Pin–741 246. The meeting link will be sent to shortlisted candidates for this interview in due course.
10. Terms and Condition:
i. No TA / DA since the interview will be online due to COVID pandemic.
ii. The appointment of the candidate will be governed by the terms and conditions of the said project of the funding agency.
iii. The decision of the selection committee will be final.
iv. If the number of candidates appearing for the online interview is large, the selection committee may decide to restrict the number of candidates for the interview to a reasonable limit after considering qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
v. The selected candidate will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
vi. The fellowship may be terminated with a 30-day notice before completion of the tenure if performance is not deemed satisfactory
11. Contact: Dr. Rahul Das Department of Biological Sciences Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata, Mohanpur, West Bengal, Pin – 741 246, Phone: 033 6136 0000 (ext: 1222) E-mail: rahul.das@iiserkol.