Laboratory assistant (Dept. of Biological Sciences, IISER Kolkata)
A position for a Laboratory assistant is available in the research group of Dr. Arnab Gupta, Associate Professor, Dept. of Biological Science, IISER Kolkata. The work involves general maintenance and management of laboratory resources, ordering of supplies, book-keeping and account maintenance. Further, the candidate will have to make buffers and coarse reagents required in microbiology, cell biology and biochemistry experiments. He/she will have to conduct basic experiments relevant to microbial and biochemical studies.
1. Funding agency: SERB, DST (CRG/2021/002150)
2. Principal investigator: Dr. Arnab Gupta, Associate Professor, Dept. of Biological Sciences
3. Title of the project: Understanding the trafficking regulation of human Copper ATPases
4. Remuneration: Rs. 20,000 + HRA (as per SERB rules)
5. Tenure: 12 months, with possibility of renewal upon satisfactory performance
6. Basic Eligibility Criteria: Undergraduate (Bachelor’s degree in microbiology or biochemistry) with at least 3 years’ experience in R &D and laboratory management and maintenance. Experience in conducting basic microbiology and biochemistry experiments is essential,
7. Additional experience (desirable): Master’s degree in microbiology or biochemistry. Slide preparation of tissues and other biological samples for light microscopy.
8. Age limit: Not more than 30 years as of the day of the interview for both the positions.
9. How to apply: Email the CV to email@example.com by 6th March 2022. Shortlisted candidates will be intimated by email by 8th March 2022.
10. Interview: Online interview on 10th March (Thursday), 2022. Google Meet link will be provided with the interview intimation
11. Conditions: The decision of the selection committee will be final. The selected candidate may be terminated with a 30-day notice before completion of tenure, if performance till date is not deemed satisfactory.