ADVERTISEMENT for PROJECT FELLOW
Dept. of Chemical Sciences, IISER Kolkata
One position for Project Fellow/ Associate/ Assistant is available in the research group of Dr. Amlan K. Roy, Associate Professor, Dept. of Chemical Sciences, IISER Kolkata. The research work involves knowledge in Quantum Chemistry and/or Quantum Physics and the use of computer programming.
Title of project: Design of appropriate DFT method to mimic pressure effect on atoms and molecules confined in various environment
- Number of positions available : One
- Funding agency : DST/SERB
- Principal investigator: Dr. Amlan K. Roy, Associate Professor, Dept. of Chemical Sciences, IISER Kolkata.
- Remuneration: As per DST/SERB rules.
- Tenure: Initially for one year, with the possibility of extension, for a maximum of three years, depending on the availability of fund and satisfactory performance.
- Basic Eligibility Criteria: Highly motivated candidates interested in Theoretical Chemistry/physics, with M.Sc. in Chemistry or Physics (minimum 55% marks in M.Sc).
Candidates should have a strong theoretical background (with knowledge on quantum mechanics/chemistry) and would be expected to carry out theoretical development on Density Functional Theory (DFT).
- Additional experience (desirable): Preference will be given to NET/GATE (or other equivalent examination) qualified candidates. Exposure to Linux and computer programming will also be helpful. Candidates with previous working experience in confined systems and Density functional Theory will be given preference. Experience in code developement will also be beneficial.
- How to apply :
Eligible candidates may apply with their CV and a cover letter to Dr. A. K. Roy by email : email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Details of research work can be found at the following link: https://www.iiserkol.ac.in/~theochem/
- Last date for receiving applications: 1 week from the date of advertisement.
- Interview: Short-listed applicants may be invited (via email) for an oral interview at IISER Kolkata. Or depending upon the situation, an online interview may be conducted.
- Conditions: No TA / DA will be provided to the candidate for the interview. The decision of the selection committee will be final.