Online interview on 20th April, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. via Google Meet for a Research Associate position under a Department of Science & Technology (SERB), Government of India funded project at IISER Kolkata.
A position for a Research Associate is available in the research group of Dr. Rahul Banerjee, Associate Professor, Department of Chemical Sciences, IISER-Kolkata. The research work involves the design and synthesis of porous crystalline Covalent Organic Framework Foams for micropollutant removal.
- Title of project: Design and Synthesis of Porous Crystalline Covalent Organic Framework Foams for Micropollutant Removal.
- Funding agency: Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of Science & Technology, Government of India
- Principle Investigator: Dr. Rahul Banerjee, Associate Professor, Dept. of Chemical Sciences
- Remuneration: Rs. 47,000/- per month + HRA (as per DST norms)
- Tenure: Initially for a period of 6 months, extendable for a further period subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent.
- Basic Eligibility Criteria: Motivated candidates PhD degree holder with NET qualification along with consistently good academic record. Minimum 5 years research experience after M.Sc, with technical knowledge in crystallography (Ewald sphere, structure-solving, Reitvield refinement).
Experience in porous materials and 3D printing technology.
- Age limit: Must not be over 32 years as on 31st March, 2021 which can be relaxed for certain reserved categories as per the rules of the Government of India. Relaxation in age, educational qualification or experience may be considered in case of exceptionally meritorious candidates.
- How to Apply: Candidates are requested to appear in the online interview via Google Meet on 20th April, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. organised by Department of Chemical Sciences, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Kolkata, Mohanpur, West Bengal, Pin–741246. Interested Candiadtes must send a prior application and detailed CV via email to Dr. Rahul Banerjee (firstname.lastname@example.org) befor appearing in the online interview. All candidates are requested to send the following documents before the online interview:
(a) Self-attested copies of degree certificates with originals. (b) Any other relevant documents.
- Terms and Conditions:
- No TA / DA will be provided to the candidate for the interview.
- The decision of the selection committee will be final.
- If the number of candidates appearing for the online interview is large, the selection committee may decide to restrict the number of candidates for the interview to a reasonable limit after considering qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- The appointment of the candidate will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
- The selected candidate will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
- The fellowship may be terminated with a 30-day notice before completion of the tenure, if performance till date is not deemed satisfactory.
- Committee Members: Dr. Rahul Banerjee (PI), Dr. Sayam Sen Gupta (PI nominee), Dr. Supratim Banerjee (HoD nominee)
Dr. Rahul Banerjee
Associate Professor, Dept. of Chemical Sciences
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Kolkata, Mohanpur, West Bengal, Pin – 741246. Phone: 033 6136 0000 (ext: 1327)